Terra & Tide
Enjoy a customised walking, sailing or touring adventure on Waiheke Island and in the Hauraki Gulf.
Terra and Tide is a Waiheke owned and operated business and Waiheke Island’s leading eco tourism operator.
We offer a range of incredible small group walking, sailing, touring and wellness experiences suitable for breakout sessions, partner programmes, team building, senior/ executive and middle management and pre and post conference activities for both domestic and international guests. We are passionate locals who have been operating tourism businesses on Waiheke Island since 2001.
Our experiences are from 90 mins – ½ or full day experiences.
Terra and Tide is passionate about connecting our guests with our natural environment and giving people a deeper connection with nature and the place we live and call our home. We have a strong focus on sustainability and through all of our experiences seek to inspire people to care about the natural world around them.
We are accredited climate positive and are very involved in conservation in both the marine environment and on the land through a variety of activities, as well as offering our guests the chance to contribute to conservation through the purchase of trees for wetland restoration or tree planting sessions.
Our most popular ½ day experiences include:
- A range of easy walking tours including art themed walks, wine tasting walks, bush and beach and coastal walks
- Cultural experience tours – learning all about Te Ao Maori, NZ and Waiheke history from a Maori perspective, the Treaty of Waitangi and the unique bicultural identity of NZ whilst visiting our marae, sites of Maori occupation and forests
- Forest Bathing walks and experiences
- Eco Sailing and luxury charter experiences aboard our comfortable 42 foot catamaran, Pacific Star visiting nature reserve islands, seeing wildlife and visited deserted beaches and private coves around Waiheke and the outer Hauraki Gulf
- Customised touring – can be themed to art, food and wine, nature and include a range of other activities through our relationships with our partners
- Eco and wellbeing based team building experiences
Our usual group size is 10 – 25 pax, but we can also cater for larger groups. We are Qualmarked Silver. Our usual start time is 9:45 am, but this can be customised to suit. All our tours start and finish at Matiatia Wharf.
- Zero Carbon Business Operations Certification
- Terra and Tide is proud to be certified Zero Carbon Business Operations with Ekos. Measured and offset 120% of the carbon footprint of business operations for 2022-23 financial year with certified carbon credits to achieve climate positive accreditation.
- Actively work on conservation in our own backyard. Gabrielle started Friends of Hekerua which looks after Department of Conservation reserve and council land in the Hekerua Bay catchment. She runs a stoat-trapping and rat-baiting programme there, which is part of Te Korowai o Waiheke (Towards Predator Free Waiheke), and our team actively volunteers on this project.
- Involved in community planting days and reforestation projects including Awaawaroa catchment to protect the giant banded Kokopu.
- As of July 2022, we have a partnership agreement with the Waiheke Resources Trust and Sustainability Centre and through this partnership we support the Love our Wetlands initiative to fund and plant native trees for wetland restoration purposes.
44 Hekerua Road, Waiheke, Auckland 1081
Distance to Airport
Distance to CBD
We pick up all our groups from Matiatia Wharf or Waiheke airfield.
Terra & Tide