Set on beautiful Waiheke Island, EcoZip Adventures is an award-winning zipline & native forest experience, perfect for delegates of all ages & abilities, delivering a sustainability-focused activity which blends outdoor fun & enjoyment with tangible, lasting, environmental benefits.
Established in 2012, EcoZip Adventures offers an award-winning zipline and native forest experience that’s suitable for delegates of all ages and abilities. Located on beautiful Waiheke Island, just a 35-minute cruise from downtown Auckland, this environmentally-focused activity blends outdoor fun and enjoyment, that’s perfect for a group day out, with tangible, lasting, environmental benefits.
Following a complimentary Waiheke Island highlights tour, guests zip first over a working vineyard and then a beautiful tract of centuries old native forest. Unlike many traditional ziplines, EcoZip’s giant ziplines are twin-cable, allowing delegates to zip in pairs, side-by-side, thus transforming a usually solo experience in to one that’s highly social. In another departure with the norm, EcoZip’s series of ziplines are set above the canopy, so can guests experience spectacular 360o views over the island, the Hauraki Gulf and Auckland in the distance.
At the conclusion of the zipline element of the experience guests return to base under the forest canopy over which they have recently zipped. Along the way EcoZip’s expert guides explain how this important piece of natural treasure is being restored and protected, thanks to the very people that visit EcoZip; part of each delegate’s participation fee is hived-off to fund native tree planting plus a long-term weed and pest eradication programme. For organisations keen to leave a lasting legacy, EcoZip work with a local not-for-profit to offer tree planting and wetland restoration activities, to complement the zipline experience.
From a purpose-built HQ, EcoZip are able to manage groups of up to 300 delegates per day. Other activities, such as archery in the vineyard and team building games can be delivered on-site. A small conference or meeting facility (suitable for up to 20 delegates) is available on-site and EcoZip work with many of the island’s restaurants, vineyards and caterers to deliver food and beverage-inclusive options.
- Complimentary on-island transfers; including ferry terminals, vineyards & restaurants
- Exclusive use of site and ziplines available
- On-site meeting space
- Fully catered or BYO options
- No minimum or maximum age limits
- Discounts for groups of 10 or more
- A carbon-positive, sustainably accredited business
- An experience your delegates will still be raving about next year!
- EcoZip is a signatory to the Tourism Sustainability Commitment.
- Since 2012, EcoZip has funded a native tree restoration and pest eradication programme on its Waiheke site. Funded entirely by the business, this has seen the forest start to return to how it may have looked at the time Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland was colonised, and has been designated as a Site of Environmental Significance.
- Winner of the Tourism Export Council’s 2022 Community and Charity Engagement Initiative award for its work with, and in, the community.
- Operates a native tree donation programme that’s seen thousands of native trees donated by clients. EcoZip doubled these donations and is now donating native trees to local community and not-for-profit groups to bolster their tree planting efforts.
- Contributes to local sustainability and environmental initiatives, such as its donation to the Friends of McKenzie Reserve.
- Annual Locals Day event allows neighbours, friends, whanau and residents, to zip at vastly reduced prices. Funds generated are split with local, community-nominated charities.
150 Trig Hill Rd, Onetangi, Waiheke Island, Auckland 1091
Distance to Airport
Qualmark Responsible Tourism